If you do decide to breed from your dog, it can be delightful to watch how magnificently most females cope with whelping and with caring for their puppies. The experience can be made much easier for them if you offer the best possible diet and environment, as well as proper health care and nursing assistance.
TOP TEN TIPS FOR SUCCESSFUL DOG MATING
1. Ask your vet to examine the bitch before mating and obtain certificate that it is healthy and not carrying any inherited diseases
.2. Plan well to house the ensuing litter of puppies.
3. Check for the purity of the dog by kennel club certificate. (Cross bred won’t fetch good standards)
4. Contact a reputable breeder and make use of his dog as a stud for your bitch to get good quality puppies.
5. Ask for health certificate for the stud dog and also examine whether it has been subjected for brucellosis and other sexually transmitted disease, if that area is prone for brucellosis.
6. Be careful with your bitch-exercise your bitch only on lead when she is in season.
7. It is always preferable to perform mating in the stud dogs place rather than vice-versa.
8. Mating should be done on 9th day, 11th day and 13th day for fruitful results.
9. If possible try to calm the bitch during mating and ensure a “tie” long lasts for at least 10 minutes.
10. Make a visit to vet’s clinic after three weeks of mating to confirm the pregnancy.
Breeding Female Dog “In Season”
The female dog in season exhibits typical symptoms that are to be recognized by the owner and similarly dog-breeding cycle is one of the significant one to be taken care of by the dog owners in case of breeding female dogs.
Choosing the Stud
Choosing a stud dog along with fee related to the stud dog service has been discussed in detail
Preparation for breeding
Preparation for dog breeding involves steps related to nutrition, health care measures, observation of body, examination, training etc., which has been discussed in detail
The female in whelp
The female in whelp has to be taken care of properly and signs of whelping dog are dealt here, in addition to the details on the whelping box. Features pertaining to the whelping and related gadgets for the female in whelp are discussed elaborately to enrich the understandings of dog-owners
Preparing for the puppies
Preparing for the puppies involve planning methods before purchase of puppies. Features of carrier for the puppies during transport are dealt. In addition to this preparative steps pertaining to the health like medicaments also being dealt in short
The whelping process
The whelping process needs to be understood well by dog owners and the features pertaining to the whelping dog in addition to the signs of whelping are discussed in details. Similarly, details on whelping pen in the whelping process are revealed along with merits of disposable whelping bed materials
Raising the puppies
Raising the puppies needs to be undertaken as a special kind of procedure based on information and knowledge acquired by the dog owner. The features of puppy-dog like wagging of tail, swallowing character of puppy, signs of derangements in health of a cute puppy, puppy bed etc. have dealt in short for the benefit of dog owners
Weaning the puppies
Weaning the puppies is an important activity that is closely associated with commercial as well as wellbeing of the puppies. The puppies need to be weaned at the right age to avoid clinical problems in the puppies. Early weaning has some minus points too and facts related to weaning the puppies are discussed here.
Wanna to spay or neuter your dog?
If you want to spay or neuter your dog, first know the merits and demerits of the procedures. The spaying related side effects of both spaying and neutering in female and male dogs respectively need to be understood and are being discussed in this. When you want to spay or neuter your dog, the dog’s clinical status is to be analyzed.